Virtual working groups
Following on from the success of 'The future of health and social care: changes, challenges and opportunities', a series of regional informed conversations held between October 2010 and January 2011, we are now setting up a number of virtual working groups. The informed conversations:
- brought together voluntary and community organisations, service users and service providers
- introduced and explained key health care changes
- sought to increase sector involvement in health care provision
- gained an understanding of existing voluntary and community sector involvement and needs in the different regions.
For more details of the outcomes of these events, please see our report, Informed conversations with black and minority ethnic-led voluntary and community organisations on the health and social care changes.
Presentations from the events are also available to download.
The working groups will build on the success of these informed conversations by providing an opportunity for individuals from across the UK to share and compare findings and experiences. The virtual nature of the working groups prevent the need for participants to travel to organised events, and allow discussion on an ongoing basis.
The groups are organised on the following themes:
- Public Health
- Mental Health
- Adult Social Care
- Information and Choice
- Non-Executive engagement (eg getting involved with NHS governing boards etc)
- Social Enterprise
Membership of the groups is only open to those who previously attended the informed conversations and all members should have been sent an invitation and instructions on accessing the virtual working groups. However, if you are interested in becoming involved in our work as Department of Health Strategic Partners, please email Farah Islam-Barrett.