The Health Network
The Health Network aims to help voluntary and community organisations (VCS) in London working with children, young people and families to better understand policy and developments within the new health and social care structure through:
- Providing information on health policy and changes relating to children and young people;
- Providing an opportunity for discussion on specific topical issues; and
- Enabling organisations to engage better in the commissioning and delivery of health care services with the new health organisations.
The network will equip VCS organisations with the skills and knowledge to engage with local organisations such as the Clinical Commissioning Groups, local authority public health, and health and wellbeing boards; as well as provide an opportunity for national input in a range activities through the Department of Health Strategic Partnership Programme. The network will not duplicate existing local networks but provide information to reach London VCS organisations, to support them in the services they provide to children, young people and families. Organisations will be kept up to date on issue via e-bulletin and network meetings.
The Health Network is being established as part of the Engage London project.
This video from HealthWatch Camden gives some information on the work they have been doing with the Health Network.
The Health Update provides a regular bulletin on some of the work being carried out in the sector. Sign up by emailing Kat Clayton.
- Health Update 1, September 2013
- Health Update 2, January 2014
- Health Update 3, May 2014
- Health Update 4, July 2014
- Health Update 5, September 2014
- Health Update 6, November 2014
- Health Update 9, August 2016
Meeting 1: 28 November 2013
- Agenda [255 kb PDF]
- Health Network Meeting 1 minutes [256kb PDF]
- Improving health outcomes: PHE London’s priorities for children and young people [1.88mb PDF]
- Violence and health: London Health Network Meeting [956kb PDF]
Meeting 2: 26 February 2014
- Notes of Health Network meeting held on 26 February 2014 [20kb pdf]
- Healthlines Partnership slides [1.64kb PDF]
- London Strategic Clinical Networks slides [3.14mb PDF]
- London Health Commission slides [469kb PDF]
Meeting 3: 21 May 2014
Meeting 4: 21 September 2015
Note: Naz were not able to present on the day
- Agenda [254kb PDF]
- Key areas of concern for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender young people growing up in England today slides [1.26mb PDF]
- Health Network meeting slides [234kb PDF]
- Issues raised [199kb PDF]