A toolkit to make Equalities work: A resource to support the voluntary and community sector to use the 2010 Equality Act
The purpose of this toolkit is to identify key resources to support the children, young people’s and families voluntary and community sector (CYP & F VCS) to use the Equality Act 2010 to:
- effectively engage with equalities issues within their own organisations
- hold public bodies to account.
This resource has six sections:
- Understanding the 2010 Equality Act
- Our organisation, the 2010 Equality Act, employment and reviewing our policies
- Our organisation, the 2010 Equality Act, our services, volunteers and engagement
- The 2010 Equality Act and education
- Our organisation, complying with the Equality Duty (PSED) and using the Duty to hold others to account
- Key organisations
Our supporting document Key sources of information guidance and training – equalities and the Equality Act 2010 provides information on key organisations that may be able to provide information, support, guidance and training. That document also incorporates key web addresses and hyperlinks to key documents.