The structure of the facilitator training course
|For more information about this programme, please contact Leandra Box.|
Before delivering the SFSC programme to parents, facilitators must first undergo a substantial training programme.
This page provides information about the structure and content of the facilitator training.
The structure and content of facilitator training
SFSC facilitator training is an intensive course lasting five days.
The training takes an experiential approach which allows attendees to explore the impact of culture and values on their own upbringing and child-rearing attitudes.
Find out more about our SFSC trainers
What is included?
The training programme includes:
- a step-by-step guide to the curriculum
- an understanding of the concepts underlying the programme
- lunch and refreshments during the five day course
- all materials needed to deliver the SFSC programme, including copies of the facilitator manual, programme delivery disk and parent manual.
You will need to arrange your own accommodation during the training.
You will also get ongoing support to set up, prepare and deliver programmes to the highest standards, including
- access to SFSC facilitator support, including the Strengthening Practice telephone line and website and monthly SFSC e-bulletin
- access to advanced training courses to develop and refresh your skills.
For details of the ongoing support package we provide, see the SFSC support pages
See our advanced training courses.
What does it cost?
The cost of 5 days training, plus all materials, is £975 per person. Agencies may purchase training for a staff group rather than registering for individual places.
How do I book?
Facilitator training takes place several times a year – see training dates.